Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tot School Day 3

A Wet Wednesday

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

One of our favorites. A beautifully illustrated book that teaches about sharing.

Keeping with our color theme I came up with an idea to make tiny colored fish out of some scrap craft foam. Then I made some triangle shaped "nets". I found a small kitchen strainer and a small fish net and let Alex catch the fish in a tub of water. He immediately got the idea of it and had a blast. 
Rainbow of fish

Catching fish


Matching the fish to the same colored triangle "net"

Since it was a beautiful day we went for a walk down to the beach. Alex soaked his shoes and pants but still had fun.

Hopping down the path to the beach

Alex collecting shells

We collected a bunch of white clam shells.


Later in the day we made our own Rainbow Fish. I cut out a fish shape and let Alex color it with markers. I helped him by outlining the fish shape. Then I dunked it in the sink so it would have a more softer water-colored feel. After it was dry Alex helped me glue on some foil for his shiny scales and a googly eye.


I made Alex some bath sea creature from craft foam. I was inspired to do this after reading Filth Wizardry's blog post about craft foam bath murals. Alex enjoyed the new colorful creatures and liked sticking and unsticking them to the side of the bath tub. 



I am also linking this to Mommy Adventures' StART and ABC and 123's Show and Tell

No comments:

Post a Comment