Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Monster Day

~Alex is 32 months~
Tot School




Rainy day = Lots of indoor activities

We read Welcome to Monstropolis (Monsters, Inc.)
 Another thrift shop find. Alex loves this book because it is about one of his favorite movies with tons of little lift the flaps. Not much text but lots of great busy pictures to explore. 


We made a collage monster. I pre cut a head, mouth, teeth, ears and horns out of construction paper. I also provided some googly eyes, a pom pom nose and a feather for hair. Alex work on his gluing skills. He was very proud of his monster.







We did a Umizoomi shape puzzle that I found here


We fed the shape monster. I got this great idea from Motherhood Moment's post. We used a picture of Sully from Monster's Inc and glued it to a cereal box. I cut out his mouth. I would tell him to feed Sully a certain shape and he would find it and feed him. It was great practice of colors and shapes. I made the shapes out of craft foam.

We did some messy play with shaving cream. I put some in a basin, with some boats. Alex had alot of fun playing with it, he also enjoyed cleaning his boats off afterward. 



I am sharing this at ABC and 123

4 comments:

  1. That is one busy rainy day! Love the monster-feeding game! You could feed just about anything - even a picture of your own kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun monster day. I also loved the monster-feeding idea - and the great news that this monster can eat anything in the future. Thank you for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love monsters especially when they eat shapes. I'm recording the shaving cream foam play for some messy fun another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a whole lot of monster fun, the monster feeding is great.

    Thanks for linking to We Play this week :)

    ReplyDelete