Friday, October 15, 2010

Autumn

This is my 1st post so I thought I'd share a little about what we have been up to this fall.

Cider Hill Farm

We spent a fun afternoon at an apple orchard.


Learning Fun

I've been reading quite a bit about education activities and have been inspired by some Montessori and Waldorf ideas. 

At the beginning of September I decided I would create Alex a "Sensory Box" each month. I did a fall theme for our very 1st one. 
 This box contained some cracked corn, mini gourds and pumpkins, some colored leaves, a funnel, a couple pieces of ribbon, a small plastic container with lid, a basket, fall colored glass gems, a pumpkin scented candle, pine cones and some acorns. It kept him busy on and off all month. I think a few matchbox trucks moved into it also :)

October's Sensory Box was of course a Halloween theme.
I used the same cracked corn and funnel, I added a scoop, some small pumpkin baskets, orange and purple pom poms, a skeleton noise maker, some little stretchy rats and spiders, some Halloween themed erasers (his favorite) and a few other small plastic creepy crawlies. 

Doing some painting


Future Picasso?


Truck Day
Daddy took Alex to a Touch A Truck event while Mommy was at work. 

Outdoor Fun
Of course we have been spending lots of time outside while the weather is still nice. Here are some random shots of our outdoor adventures in our backyard and at the playground.

He found a Wooly Bear caterpillar

Being silly at Maudsley State Park

Lighthouse Beach

Throwing rocks in the water

Do some yard work with Daddy

Riding his bike with out any help

Fun at the new playground


No comments:

Post a Comment