Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tot School Day 2

After this 1st week I will probably only do weekly highlights of Tot School, but right now its new to us and so much fun. Here is what we did today:

~Alex is 32 months~
 
 
My Car by Byron Barton

We read this book twice today. It is a great little book with simple bright illustrations. 


I got the great idea to make a colored parking lot play mat from Love and Lollipops' blog. Alex loved it and picked up the idea to match the color of the car to the parking spot right away. After a little while he even made up his own game of putting a airplane in the spot then when that colored car came along the airplane with fly away. 




We also made a traffic light out of contruction paper, clear contact paper and red, yellow and green tissue paper....

and we drove one of his Monster trucks through different colored paint and made tire tracks. 



I am linking this up to ABC and 123's Show and Tell and Mommy Adventures' Story + Art

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking back to me! I am so thrilled that Alex enjoyed the colour car mat activity!! I love your traffic light...I think I need to start making my Little One more aware of the traffic lights, then an activity like yours would be great fun!

    I am your first follower!

    Take care,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute idea! I should chalk that one up to one more thing to put on my list of things to make for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete