Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Yarn Basket

I wanted Alex to make his Grandmother a special little Easter gift. So I came up with the idea to make a balloon yarn basket. I remember making them when I was little. So I blew up a balloon, cut some yarn into strips and mixed up some glue with water. Alex dipped the yarn into the glue mixture and draped it over the balloon. He did a few strands and then decided it was "yucky" so I ended up doing the rest.

Checking out the yarn on the balloon.

We let dry for a couple days and then he popped the balloon. This was Alex's favorite part!



The eggs were just for photo purposes.
We will add a little bit of Easter grass and a few goodies. I really hoping to make some of these.
So there you have it...a cute little Easter gift for "Grammy"

5 comments:

  1. I love it! This is one activity we will probably borrow for next week! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually looking for a way to make little nest for Easter but did'nt find anything on google. Nothing easy for the kids at preschool anyway.. SO I wil definitely "steal" your idea for next year! IT is so simple yet so effective. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Keep saying I need to do this one with my kids... ha ha... love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday! I will be posting the next party tomorrow night. I'd love to have you back for more fun this week!

    :)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. Teacup puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete