Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday today I made Alex a Seuss themed lunch.
Pin It

The Lorax is a round piece of bread with shredded cheddar cheese, turkey eyes and some mini M&M's for pupils and a nose. Some rainbow Goldfish crackers for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Green Eggs and Ham was really just turkey with some green food coloring painted on it. Some apples slices from Ten Apples Up on Top

To drink I made some of Yink's Pink Ink, from Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet. It was milk with one drop of red food coloring.  



For dessert I made a marshmallow pop that I created from inspiration from here and here. I used a rolling pin to flatten one marshmallow for the bottom piece of the hat and then cut 3 marshmallows in half, 3 halfs I dunked in water and coated with red colored sugar. The other 3 halves I left plain, and I had one extra half. I arranged them all on a kabob stick to create The Cat in the Hat shape. Alex thought it was yummy!

 
Alex did some activities at preschool that were Dr. Seuss related and of course we read some Suess books.

No comments:

Post a Comment