Monday, February 27, 2012

Trip to Boston Museum of Science

Warning this post is very pic heavy. In honor of Alex's 4th birthday we took him into Boston to the Museum of Science. We all had a lot of fun!
Climbing into a beehive


Checking out the bubbles in the Mathematics exhibit

Pretending to be a rabbit


Electricity in a plasma tube


"Cliff" 65 million year old Triceratops skeleton

Measuring his hand in a T-Rex foot print

Dad and Alex with a Triceratops model skeleton

Measuring the length of a dino

T-Rex
Close up view of frogs

Gecko exhibit


Giant grasshopper

Brushing some giant teeth
Giant Lite Brite

Lots of Alex's in the Optical Illusion exhibit

Robot Alex in the gift shop

1 comment:

  1. As an artist myself, I enjoy reading Philip Koch's sensitive writing about Edward Hopper and Andrew Wyeth, who along with Whistler and Rothko, are my favorite American painters.
    I don't live in the United States but have traveled and passed a short time there. But even with the little time spent in your beautiful country, especially in small-town America, I can relate to some of the poetical feel that Hopper and Wyeth had captured in their art, which is for me part of the attraction of their paintings.
    Browsing at wahooart.com the other day, as I do now and then, I find a good selection of Edward Hopper's work, http://EN.WahooArt.com/@/EdwardHopper ,in the big archive of Western Art, that customers can order online for canvas prints and even hand-painted, oil-painting reproductions can be made and sent to them.
    Hopper's surrealistic and depersonalized world is there again. Timeless, yes, as it is still there now in the roadside cafes and diners that I ate at all over America.

    ReplyDelete